BAND BATTLE RULES
Event Date: Friday, July 24, 2015
Location: STRAND PARK, Downtown Alexander City, AL
Grand Prize: $1,000.00
Band entries will be accepted through June 12, 2015
Bands must submit below entry info to: Sun Festival Band Battle - The Alexander City Chamber of Commerce - 120 Tallapoosa Street - Alexander City, AL 35010
Band Contact Name, Phone Number and Email Address:
Band Performance Video or Audio:
• Contestants must be at least 18 years of age upon event date (Friday, July 24, 2015) & must be able to provide legal identification for verification purposes. Contestants under 18 must submit parental consent along with their bands entry submission.
• All contestants must present proper photo ID & sign a waiver that confirms their personal information & amateur status (not signed to a recording/production contract). If a contestant/band is ruled ineligible before, during or after the event, the band will also forfeit any prize he or she may have won to that point in the competition.
• Contestants will be judged throughout this competition based on stage presence, vocal ability, showmanship and originality.
• All judges’ decisions are final & not subject to change unless a registered contestant is found to have violated the Band Battle 2015 contest rules. The Alexander City Chamber of Commerce furthermore retains the right to change said contest rules without prior notification, but will post revised contest rules online at www.alexandercitychamber.com and on Facebook at Sun Festival Alexander City. All contestant penalty or elimination decisions will be made by Band Battle Director.
• Band entry submissions (as detailed above) will serve as an entrants audition.
• All entry submissions will be judged by the Sun Festival Band Battle Committee and six (6) finalist bands selected.
• Band Battle Judging on July 24th will be based on a band’s Stage Presence, Showmanship, Originality, Vocal Ability and Online Voting Results.
• Finalists will also be notified by email or text on June 16th. Finalists will have until 5pm on June 19th to accept invitation.
• Six (6) finalist bands will be announced during “Good Morning Lake Martin”, in the Alexander City Outlook as well as on Facebook and Twitter on July 1, 2015.
Band Battle Event Info:
• Date: Friday July 24, 2015
• Location: STRAND PARK
• Show time: 6:00-11:00pm
• Bands will each perform a 30 minute set.
• Order of performance will be determined by a random drawing in advance of the day of the show.
• Chevalier Productions, Sound Engineer, will communicate with each finalist band’s listed contact, in advance, to organize all technical needs of the band and determine day of show check-in time.
• Bands will share drums and backline (Guitar Amp, Bass Rig). Keyboards and other special instruments must be provided by artist. A full instrumental list must be disclosed to the Band Battle Director to be shared with Chevalier Production for optimal performance planning. If using heavy equipment artist must provide stage hands to move on and off stage. PA on the day of show, provided by Chevalier Productions.
• Band Battle 2015 winner will be selected by an on-site panel of industry judges and will be announced at the conclusion of event performances.
• Attendees of Band Battle will have the opportunity to cast their vote through Facebook and Twitter the night of the event to count as a percentage of the overall judging.
• Additional details will be provided to attendees and Band Battle finalists the night of the event.
Band Battle Winner:
• Winner will receive $1,000 and be required to perform as the opening act for the Sun Festival 2015 concert featuring headliner, David Nail. Sun Festival Concert is July 25, 2015, at the Charles E. Bailey Sportplex in Alexander City, AL.
• $1,000 grand prize will be paid in the form of a cashier’s check following the winners’ performance at the Sun Festival Concert on July 25, 2015.
• Details for Sun Festival Concert sound check and performance time will be provided to the winner.